Tuesday 8 November 2016

NEXT GETAWAY IDEA FOR YOU

     I try to make everyday the best of my life. This was undeniably one of the most fun weekends I have had in a while. I love to getaway, clear my mind, escape and be one with nature. What better place to do that than Nanyuki, Kenya. My friends and I rented a house in Mt. Kenya Conservancy Estate at Olpejeta. Just a few kilometers from the town. The environment was serene, woke up to see some wildlife in the morning around the house. The rental houses are quite a number but they all have a similar design. The rent per night for the whole house was Ksh. 20,000 ($200). The price might change depending on the season. The place can accommodate about 10 people.

                                Images obtained from http://mountkenyawe.com/ 

       We also got a chance to explore Ngare Ndare Forest Trust located at the foothills of Mt. Kenya in Meru. The waterfalls are something you should go experience. Can't remember the last time I saw water that clear. The water comes down to form a blue pool, you can swim or just enjoy the scenery. I recommend this place if you love adventure. We also went for a canopy walk, if you love heights you'll feel the rush as you walk across the pathway on top and in the midst of nature. The waterfall and canopy walk experience was roughly Ksh. 2,000 ($20) per person. Highlights of the trip are in the video. Enjoy. 

6 comments:

  1. So lovely... Is there accommodation for a lesser crowd? And what about food. Carry your own and cook for yourselves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy, yes there is an apartment that can accommodate 4 but I'm not sure how much it costs per night. Go to the link in the post and get the contact info to get more on that. You bring your food, you can decide to cook or get a caretaker. They also do cleaning for you. :)

      Delete
  2. You've been busy I see... I don't know how I didn't see this but I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely �� Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete